If you ever wanted to visit Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory but a beauty version, then Riley Rose is the perfect place for you. I was excited to go to Riley Rose since I saw a lot of photos of the place in Instagram and it looked super cute. The beauty shop looked really aesthetically pleasing so I knew I had to check the place out. It’s located in the Glendale Galleria up in Glendale, California. They have a really cute store front with the Riley Rose neon sign and it just lures you in.
My first impression of the store was that it looked really clean and simple. Each section was clearly defined such as bath+body, home, makeup, etc. I was pleasantly surprised that the shop carried a lot of Korean cosmetic brands. They carried Klairs, COSRX, Tony Moly, Peri Pera, Banila Co, and more. I thought they would carry half American brands and half Korean brands but the store carried almost 80% Korean brands. There were some Korean brands I didn’t recognize such as Goodall, IPKN, I Woke Up Like This, Korres, Euyira, and more. I am definitely going to check those brands out after I finish at least 80% of my skincare stash because man… I have enough skincare products that could last me a year. And many of them didn’t arrive yet HAHAHA.
Most of their products range from $10 to $60 at most I believe. The main audience for this beauty shop is millennials and Gen Z (people who were born between mid-90s to mid-20s so basically pre-teens to teens). The aesthetic and the vibe of the shop definitely targets millennials and Gen Z because of their Instagram worthy space. I mean who doesn’t love neon signs? But as for the products and the price, I think it’s most suited for working millennials who are able to afford them. I say this because most products are $10 and up and I remember when I was a teen, even spending $20 was too much for me.
So I bought 7 products, all skincare products, from Klairs, COSRX, Heimish, and Wishtrend. My total came out to be $167… I’m definitely broke for the next few months LOL. Honestly, I could’ve bought all of them for cheaper online but I was already at the store and I didn’t want to deal with slow shipping so might as well get them now.
Products I bought from Riley Rose:
• By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash: I wasn’t planning on buying this but I love anything matcha and green tea so I decided to take a dive and purchase it. Hopefully, this works well!
• COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream: One of my favorite skincare ingredient is aloe since it really soothes and hydrates your skin. So I was interested in this product since I’ve never used an aloe sun cream.
• Heimish All Clean Balm: I already bought the Banila Co Clean It Zero cleansing balm (which is also arriving soon) but I heard the Heimish one is a better version of the Banila Co one. I needed an oil cleanser to also add into my skincare routine.
• Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop: I bought this because it’s one of Klairs’s most popular item and I wanted to add vitamin C serum into my skincare routine. I mean I did buy COSRX Triple C Lightning Liquid but that’s not going to come until next week. When it comes, I’ll do a comparison review of both items.
• Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask: Since Vitamin E compliments and works well with Vitamin C, I wanted to enhance the benefits of the vitamins.
• Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream: This is also one of Klairs’s best selling item. I bought it because I was intrigued by their its baby blue color in its cream. It’s a “gentle, azulene-rich cream that provides comfort to rapidly calm & soothe sensitivity.”
• Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner: I was getting bored with my current toner (Thayers Witch Hazel) so I decided to try out a new one.
Of course, I will do an in-depth review of all these products in the upcoming days. But I would definitely check out Riley Rose again. It’s such a fun place to buy your beauty products and just relax in there. For sure, I’m going to bring my friends to this place and just chill in the Americana next door.
Side Story: I was once reminded that the world is a very small place in terms of running into people you know. I ran into a girl I knew back in high school and I’m not really fond of her but thankfully, she didn’t see me. I’m just hoping that I won’t run into more people I know when I move to LA. But anyways, I just thought it was a funny incident because I totally did not expect to see this person. And it’s a small little reminder and lesson of even the world may be huge, it could also be very tiny at the same time LOL. Anyways, enough with my blabbing. Let’s continue with the products I bought at Riley Rose.
Another side story: I love how if you dress up real casual, like a t-shirt and jeans, with a mini Fjallraven Kanken backpack, the salespeople in the beauty booths from the mall won’t even attempt to bother you. They’ll just assume you’re a high-schooler and not interested in makeup. But then again, I had glasses on and no makeup whatsoever on my face. And I could pass as a high schooler but anyways… if you don’t want to be bothered by the beauty salespeople, then dress real low maintenance LOL.